Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm Slippin'...

I am so aggravated with the right side of my head.  I have been having some slippage issues.  This is not new.  I have been experiencing this for some time now, but not to this degree.  The hairline has always been a source of frustration but NOW I have patches on my right side which are slipping out from the root.

Admittedly, I am not a fan of the braiding and banding because I just don't get a thorough wash.  It seems that I have a choice between not-so-clean hair or clean hair that won't stay locked.  Aaargh!!

SO, in my desperation, I purchased one of those latch hook tools that I keep reading about on various blogs.  Let me tell you, that thing is hard to use.  A couple of ladies make it sound and look really easy, but I'm sorry, it's not. 

I really don't want to upset my Consultant.  She is really nice but at my last Reti she made it clear that she wasn't too happy to see some of the slippage I had then.  She felt it was because of the shampoo I use (Dr. Bronner's) and she suggested I go back to the Starter shampoo.  Although i am somewhat ambivalent about that, I will do as suggested.  My next Reti is in 2 weeks so who knows what shape it will be in by then.  I have been scheduling them 5 wks apart but I may have to change that.  We will see.  Naturally yours...