Thursday, February 18, 2010

Long Time, No Update...

It feels like eons since I posted, and as a matter of fact, it's been over a month.  I do this more for myself and the satisfaction that comes with journaling this experience.  But I also love sharing my experience with others.  What's new?

I have experienced a pretty good amount of growth.  I took initial growth shots at the beginning of my journey and I will share those at a future date.  Also, I have noticed a lot more volume and thickness.  When I came home from my third reti, I noticed that instead of my hair falling, it was kinda standing up on its own.  It was a definite change.  I notice a lot more texture and swelling of my locks.  A friend asked me if I cut my hair, so I guess that means I am also experiencing shrinkage.  That doesn't bother me in the least bit.  I love this hair, I love this style, and I love love love Sisterlocks.

I am noticing a lot of flaking, which I have never had before.  Sorta annoying.  Also, it is taking more washes for my hair to smell clean.  This is definitely more difficult than it has been in the past.  I can't wait for this dry weather to leave us.  I know that the spring/summer will do wonders for some of the problems I have now.  I guess that's all I can think of, so here are a few pics.
Naturally yours...